Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sunshine, Roses and Qi

Today was World Tai Chi Day.  I actually took a Saturday off and used 8 hours of vacation to go. Even though, I've only had four lessons with one of the main coordinators.  I'm amazed at how much I remember from my early teen years when the family attended Lightning Fire Mountain Kung Fu School.

It was warm. Blue sky. Heavy aroma of roses. Chirping of hummingbirds from high in the trees at the Franciscan Retreat in Scottsdale. A few butterflies flitting through the crowd. The quiet strains of a wooden Native American flute in the background.

I wish I would have brought my real camera.  Taking photos with my cell phone was not a good experiment. Somehow I ended up taking video. Not sure how that happened. I wouldn't mind doing a weekend retreat there even though it is a Catholic facility. Another group there was doing a 12 step retreat. Maybe some day I will have to formally do #4.  Not just apologize to Brian who didn't see a reason why I had to.

I'm going to have a sunburn tomorrow. One that I'm going to be proud of. I'm also extremely proud of the fact that I went and participated for an hour. And even more impressive, I took fruit and jerky in case I got hungry. Don, my tai chi instructor saw me eating the fruit and said "good for you". Made me very happy.

I saw some amazing instructors. I wanted to do a reiki session with a man doing demonstrations, but he was very busy. But I did meet another healer that I liked. I'll probably book with him.  Several months ago I had searched for a tai chi school and actually posted their schedule on the board for awhile. I had been hesitant to join the class, but I've felt inadequate and clumsy and terribly fat.  But one of the instructors was wearing a bright orange shirt and was so incredibly flexible and graceful it was amazing. It made me feel like I could get to that point again.

So I talked to him after wards and got his card.  When I googled it, it was the same site I had posted on my wall.  Karmic message or what?  Guess I'd better listen.


No comments: