Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme

Somedays it's necessary to make mud pies. And you don't even have to use pie tins or bake. I had enough energy to get some flowers and commit to make the patio a bit of an urban oasis and more appealing to my hummingbird, whom I haven't spent enough time with.

It felt good to  sit in the sun and get my hands dirty and sweat.  Even planted some herbs. Not rosemary, sage, and thyme. Actually it's dill, mint, and parsley. I thought about Mom's vegetable and flower garden. How much I hated working in what I thought was a huge acre full of work. Time away from my all important reading books that were over my grade level.

Now I wish I had the opportunity of all that organic food.  It would be so healthy. I know now why I was so skinny all those years. All that grass fed beef, organic eggs and unchemicaclized vegetables. I also remembered today, that when I work in the sun, I don't get hungry.

I made a good food decision today and chose herbal tea over a second Dr. Pepper. I've been wearing a pedometer and shooting for 10,000 steps a day. I calculated that cleaning the apartment should come pretty close. Boy was I off. Barely 3,000. But I felt good getting some of these chores done that I haven't had the energy to do. Tomorrow, the kitchen, especially the refrigerator.


No comments: